Thursday, July 15, 2021

A word that came to me at night.. why?


"Hashima"

This word came to me in the middle of the night a few nights ago. 
I had no idea what it meant, I just texted it to myself (as I do when I don't want to forget something)
and then went back to sleep. 

In the morning, the devotion I had for my reading in the "Jesus Calling" book
page 57, starts with "be still in the light of my presence.." 
What?!

This was a reminder that when we try to get ahead of ourselves, we fall on our face.
To be still,
To live in the moment,
To walk with God.

Knowing that there is an eternity ahead of you
But remembering that you'll only get 1 today,
1 "this moment",
1 "right now".

Stop.
Don't go.
Stay.
Slow down.
Be with God in this moment.
Stop trying to get ahead.
It's just going to make things stressful and useless.

1 Corinthians 13:12
For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. 

Stay here.
See what your reflection shows of your life.
You can only know so much in one time frame, anyway.
Relax.
Enjoy where you are.
And take in what you can.
Don't overload yourself with what you think you should know, what you think you should be doing...

What you think..
Not where you should be.



 

No comments: