Wednesday, May 19, 2021

The Sinners Prayer

It’s not in the Bible.

"Dear Lord Jesus, I know that I am a sinner, and I ask for Your forgiveness. I believe You died for my sins and rose from the dead. I turn from my sins and invite You to come into my heart and life. I want to trust and follow You as my Lord and Savior."

Salvation is a gift.
You don't earn it or deserve it. 
You have to humble yourself. 
You have to confess your sins. 
You have to know that you are a sinner, that there's is no good in you, without God, without the Holy Spirit. 

It's not about groveling. 
It's about having faith like a child. 

Matthew 19

Jesus Blesses Little Children

13  Then people brought little children to Jesus for him to place his hands on them and pray for them. But the disciples rebuked them. 14  Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." 

Red letters are Jesus words. 
The children are excited and clamoring to be close to Him. They know he is love, they know he is wonderful. They know He is unique and tender. 

We cannot gain salvation on our own. 
But once we know we have a need for it, and bring all of ourselves to the foot of the cross.. It's given as a gift. 
His grace covers everything. 
"Jesus, I need you. I am a sinner and I am nothing on my own. Forgive me of everything I've done wrong and be Lord of my life. I submit to you."

Romans 10:13 New International Version

13  for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."[1]

No comments: