Monday, July 4, 2022

yes, I am closed minded. And here’s why.

I used to try to be more open-minded, and here's what I found.. this is my experience. 

The more I tried to understand things from other perspectives, the more unhinged I became. The more confused and "out to sea" I felt. I didn't know what I thought anymore, and I couldn't find my footing. 

My level of comprehension and capability of soaking in information became very shallow, because there was too much to see and hear. I didn't know what to grasp at, I felt like I was drowning, and it was terrible on my anxiety and depression. I was exhausted constantly because my brain was tring to figure out what was normal and what was real. 

Now that I've come back to my roots and got me feet planted back on the ground, I'm much more at peace, and hopeful and finding joy and better sleep. Less stress, being able to handle my days as they come, and my anxiety is only my natural jumpy self, not much extra. :) 

Being open-minded isn't all it's cracked up to be. 

No comments: