Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Parenting during a pandemic.. food

 Okay.. so I’m going to say.. I don’t care. Lol. 

As a mom.. trying to just make it through this virtual school thing, I’m not worrying too much about making meals. 

Why?

Because keeping up with all their classes, virtual meetings, making sure they do them AND stay on schedule. 

And then still trying to clean the house. Making sure I know when the laundry needs to be done, and the vacuuming, and the bathroom cleaning, and picking up things that I’ve put down everywhere in an attempt to get to them sooner or later. 

And then still keeping up with the regular self care and receipts and appointments (whether in person or virtual) and helping my husband with whatever he needs from me. 

SO GRATEFUL that the school is doing weekly pickup for school food, because that’s a huge blessing. 

So no.. making a weekly sit down meal is not on my agenda. 

This mama is whooped. As long as they are fed and not full of sugar.. My job is done. :) 

So I care, as a mom, because if I didn’t, it wouldn’t matter to me what was on the grocery list. But I do. I make sure there are food options in the house that won’t make them overweight and addicted. 

So as long as my house is stocked with enough to eat, my opinion, they can have their choice of food.


No comments: