Monday, October 14, 2019

Bible verse from today- Joshua 24

In verse 15 it says "But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve."

Basically you are free to choose the way you're going to live your life, what you are going to believe is truth, who or what you think is in charge of everything. 

then ends "As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord"

But this is the truth we believe in, the truth of what God has done, and I will lead my family in this way.

In the next verse 16 "then the people answered, 'Far be it from us to forsake the Lord to serve other gods! It was the Lord our God himself who brought us and our fathers up out of Egypt, from that land of slavery, and performed those great signs before our eyes. He protected us on our entire journey and among all the nations through which we traveled. And the Lord drove out before us all the nations, including the Amorites, who lived in the land. We too will serve the Lord, because he is our God.' "

Basically, these people have SEEN God at work. They have lived it, they have witnessed it, they have  been part of ages of Him leading them. Who on earth would not want to follow a God who has always been faithful? 

This also lead me to ask- what have been the blessings that God has done in my life? 
What have I seen him do?
What have I lived and witnessed that has been because of Him? 
1. He's given me a strong godly man to call my husband, in my time of searching and asking. Once, I took it in my own hands. When I finally gave up and said "God, your turn". After all my failures, He brought Brian back into my life. My family and his family are wonderful, and he truly shows me over and over again how much we are made for each other. 
2. I have let God lead my medical journey, and it's been pretty awesome.
3. God has given me a voice to share with others, the ability to do it on a multi-use platform: social media. It's very hard for me to open my mouth and talk, but it's so much easier for me to want to share my truth using the internet. Not even JUST that He gave me a voice for it, He has put me in multiple life situations and opportunities, and now He wants me to share them, share the pains and joys and the knowledge that I've gained from what I've been through.
4. God has guided me into ministry. I have been able to do 5 mission trips; 4 international and 1 local. These are not including small things like volunteering in the soup kitchen, or helping pack boxes of food, and/or random acts of kindness. 
5. Leading us to this home in the perfect location. A couple of neighbors who are really great, just outside of town, close to school, my husbands work, easy to get to for family, just redone, we have land to use and take care of, near a laundromat, near an art school and college. 
6. The friends I have I would not have met in any other way. 

No comments: