Tuesday, December 6, 2016

James 1:2-3

Verse of the Day

James 1:2-3
Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.

Oh wow. Where do I begin.
It's so true.

We go through so many trials in life. And most of the time we question why.. or just try to get through it ourselves.. It takes a lot to be able to think of a trial as a good thing.

It is though.. trials are tests. They can make us stronger.
And when it tests our faith, it shows us how truly strong in Christ we are.

Ironically it can be hard to lean on or reach out to the One who can help us the most, even in the hard times, when it should be easiest to cry out for Him.

I know for myself it can be hard to surrender, though I want to so badly, there's part of me that wants to continue holding on. But I know it's better when I give it all to Him.

Let the testings and trials of today make you stronger, and learn to persevere in faith.

No comments: