Monday, April 9, 2018

Hoops for Genetics


So I started off doing a free genetics study through Facebook called Genes for Good. This was mostly to find out my nationality, etc. 
But i'm wondering if there's something in the raw data that points to health genetics as well. 

In the meantime I've gotten a genetics referral from my Dr and had it sent to University of Michigan, who denied me based on the hEDS suggestion from my Dr. (Hypermobile Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome). I guess it's not as important a type of EDS for them to even do a clinical diagnoses. 

Recently I have looked around at other hospitals to do Genetics testing, and emailed Toledo Promedica about genetics testing. 
I received an email telling me who to call about setting up an appointment. 

I was bounced back and forth a bit between Toledo and University Hospital in Westlake, OH. 

But it looks like my genetics counseling will come from Cleveland University- University Hospital in Westlake, OH. 
I'm waiting to hear back from the voicemail I left them (just now). 

Also, going to download my raw data from the U of M genetics Facebook study and have it read by a genetics website to see what else I can find on my own. :) 

No comments: