Monday, April 16, 2018

cloth pads vs paper pads- WARNING i talk about blood ;)


ugh. 
lol

I have been using cloth pads since my youngest daughter was born and she is 9.5

this last month during my cycle i had to *gasp* buy and use disposable, or as i dub them "paper", pads because my stash of cloth is worn out, leaking, and needing to badly be replaced. 
*I've been working on making a whole new stash for myself for 4 months now but because of my chronic illness, being a busy mom, working a part time job, trying to keep our schedules from being overcrowded, etc life as a family of 5, and keeping the house partially clean, i haven't been able to spend the time really plugging along at this project. 

so i had to spend a week with paper pads. 
oh
my
gosh.

never again, if i can help it. 

this month i made sure prioritize my new cloth stash and literally finished it 2 days before i needed it. 
*talk about timing. 

my daughters all have their own cloth teen stash as well for when they start. 
even though only my oldest is close enough to have this happen, i want to be prepared and make sure i've covered all my bases, because i can't put myself in that situation again with my failing health. 

so.. 
i hate paper pads. 
i don't feel like i have nothing protecting me.
they are not soft.
i cannot move them back and forth once they are secured in my undies. because they are sticky. 
they are sticky.
i throw them out when i am done with them. i don't like throwing things out. 
i can't tell how much i'm bleeding, because it's all absorbed inside the paper/cotton. 
one of them left sticky paper on my undies that, even after washing them, still will not come off. :( unhappy. 

i can't use tampons anymore since having my babies, they just don't fit right. 
and i'm totally completely ok with that. 

i like knowing what my body is doing.. on it's own. 
how much i bleed. 
how heavy, constancy, when i naturally stop bleeding.. 
i say that because using paper products can actually make you bleed more, cramp more.. just suck the life out of you more. 

never going back to paper again. 

ALSO 
if you would like information on where to BUY said cloth pads, PLEASE ASK! 
OR
shop on Etsy.com :D 
since i'm not able to keep up with making pads for other people, i am more than happy to point you in the right direction!

No comments: