Monday, February 6, 2017

John 14:27

Verse of the Day

John 14:27
I am leaving you with a gift - peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don't be troubled or afraid.


----------
You hear that?
God's peace is not a peace we can get from the world.
It's not a peace of "ok i have enough money in the bank account" *breath. "ok, my kid is calm and healthy today" *breath. "ok, i still have a job today" *breath.

It's a peace of "i know what my future holds.. if i'm listening to God and following what He has for me, no matter what happens on this earth, i know where I will be for eternity.. so i can breath easy in the midst of turmoil".

We can have peace of mind and heart knowing that He's in control. And that even though we have the free will to choose right from wrong, no matter if we stumble and fall, His will will always prevail, He will always extend his hand to us, and His grace will always be extended to those who call him Father.

Dear God.. thank you for this peace of mind.
I can always rest in you.

No comments: