Friday, December 16, 2016

1 Corinthians 13:6-7

Verse of the Day

1 Corinthians 13:6-7
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hope, always perseveres.

True unabashed love for another will never be negative. Not saying that we won't bring to light things that need to be addressed.. but it's done in the right way. It's done with compassion. Knowing that the heart behind it is genuine and caring.

Be that person.. Be that friend.. Be the love that people need.

--------------

You know this actually goes along with something i was thinking this morning.
I went to Dollar General this morning to get a few fun Christmas things, and at the register they asked if i wanted to spend $1 for toys for tots or donate $1 to St Jude's. You know what, why not?
I chose to do both and the cashiers response was priceless.. Because I donated to St Jude's I got to put my name on the wall on this paper that says "I donated.. " yay me. I was like.. I really don't need my name on a wall, I just want to be helpful. He was so appreciative.. for $2. Really? People can't do this more often? Be helpful? for $1?

This morning I literally cried because I was so happy with the snow and gloves and Santa hats.. It's so beautiful.
This time of year is just very touching for me. I've always loved it, and the small things I can do to brighten it for someone else.. I will do all I can.

If my Santa hat makes someone laugh.. i've done my job.
If my smile is the only one they've seen all day.. i've done my job.
If I can spend $1 to help a child or a cause have a better Christmas.. i've done my job.

I always want the light put inside of me by my Creator to shine.

No comments: