Wednesday, April 29, 2015

ready for change?

as some of you know, this year i've been feeling like this is going to be a big year of change. 

1. we finally have 2 years of business records on file for taxes, so we were able to get a bank approved loan for a potential home. 
2. we can actually start looking at a new home.. so we're just taking it slow, getting our feet wet, seeing what's out there. 
3. i've been working on getting my sewing business back to where it was a few years ago before the renovation here at the apartments we live in. (i had to close for 3 months, and that hurt pretty bad. i basically took a nose dive.)
4. i'm realizing that even though i LOVE my retail job, the floating hours, being on my feet a lot, and the need for a higher paycheck is leading me to check out the job market. so i'm also searching to see if there's another place God would rather have me be. 
5. i'm feeling the need to help in church again, but i'm not feeling led to use my voice on stage like i did for the first 30 years of my life. that part of me is still on hiatus, but i'm loving the fact that i can search the rest of my heart for other areas i can helpful. i've basically landed on the fact that my love for children/babies can be useful working in the nursery. 

so for me, for US (my family), this year looks like it's shaping up to be amazing and life-changing. 

God has been working in us over the past few years, helping us get back on our feet, learning humility, trust and strength that only comes from Him. so now, after being where we are for the past 6 years.. i believe it's time to move on and move up. 

....
footnote: i generally don't like change, it takes me a while to get used to something new. but i actually feel ready for this. 
put us where you want/need us, God. you'll help me with that. you already have. 

No comments: